Monday, October 10, 2011

kenny loggins footloose

In 1987, when I was in my early teens I came across Madeleine Arnold, when I was on my bike.

I had always had a thing Mads, who was an older woman (fourteen and three quarters). He was also a well-traveled, having spent two weeks on vacation with his parents in Miami.

We talked for half an hour, even if I never had the courage to ask her out. Then, I pedaled off, and a few weeks later he moved to town, never to see Madeleine again.

Yet it was a pleasant half hour.

Probably the only decent one half hours to enjoy throughout the decade, which was in 1980.

80s was a time, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, out, out, out, Reganomics, miner strikes, wars, the Falklands, big hair, shoulder pads and high unemployment.

It was a terrible decade for movies.

Flashdance, Top Gun, Footloose ...

Alto is the concept of low intelligence.

I was not looking forward to Footloose - The Musical Dance.

How was I surprised when, as it turned out to be a Fab night out.

The plot is basic. Ren, a Chicago sweet boy is dragged by his mother in Hicksville USA, where he discovered dance is prohibited.

Ren is hell bent on change. It also plans to woo minister Ariel rebel girl.

The movie is not original music. It's a teen movie with a handful of pop video moments. So the songs were added, and the dance numbers, too.
Work is changing, and the cast of young people have the skills and energy.

The presentations do not loosen, even if the stand-out star is John Spano as Willard Hewitt, thick as a brick Hick.

Footloose is a delight from beginning to end.

Almost 30 minutes as the company of Madeleine Arnold - and you can not say fairer than that.
Until 19 March.

No comments:

Post a Comment